Photo credit : Yasuhiro Fujiki
Kimono Dressing with Yuko Niwa
4th Sunday/month | 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Experience the thrill of a Kyoto garden visit experience right here in Balboa Park, San Diego! The Japanese Friendship Garden is teaming up with longtime partner Yuko Niwa to provide a new yukata and kimono rental service at the Japanese Friendship Garden Activity Center. Visitors and members alike can enjoy strolling around the garden in true Japanese style. Clothing and dressing done by a professional. RSVPs and walk-ins welcome.
The total photo shoot fee is comprised of three parts: kimono rental fees, photo permit fees, and JFG entry fees (free for JFG members).
Kimono rental fees (per individual):
- Yukata rental/hour ... $20
- Kimono rental/hour ... $35
* Dressing and undressing time is at no additional cost
Photo permit fees (per group):
- Private Photo Shoot fee/hour ... $35
- Professional Photo Shoot fee/hour ... $80
* Please view details of photo shoot policy by clicking here.
JFG entry fee (per individual):
- General Garden Entry ... $10
- Seniors, Students, Military ... $8
- Children ages 6 and under, JFG members ... FREE
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to RSVP and schedule an appointment on May 28 from 10am – 4pm. This program will continue on every fourth Sunday of the month, so take advantage and tell your family and friends!
Photography service is not included in this package. Dressing time is not calculated into the rental time period.