Anyone who is interested should come June 7 at 10:00 am
Here are the questions you've asked this year in the paper logs:
Do we have Sumi Painting Classes? No and there don't seem to be any in town.
How old are the koi in the pond?
- There is koi information in our question and answer section
- on NIWA.org there is a page devoted to the koi, identifying them with pictures, name, type and age. It is dated 2015, so you might want to add a couple of years to the ages.
Several questions about Bonsai:
- Please look at the bonsai material in our questions and answer area and at the bonsai page at NIWA.org.
- The bonsai are not brought inside, regardless of the weather.
- The thickness of the root is a desired look. Because the plants are so old their roots have grown thick with age.
What is the blooming pattern of camellias?
- According to the Monrovia Gardens website: "Depending on the variety they may bloom in late fall, winter and early spring."
- A page on camellias was added to the question and answer area
What is the cost of the wedding kimono? Priceless
What is the pruning process?
- The pruning technique used in the garden is called "lacing." There is a new article on lacing in the question and answer area.
When was the stream built?
- The koi pond was built in 1998
- The stream in the upper garden was built in 2013
- The stream in the lower garden was built 2014-2015
Please feel free to request the administrator to open up new topics to blog about, the general docents can then add their feedback under those topics.
Here we will have a place to add information we want to share. It will provide a place to for us to talk about changes in the garden that might affect our tours. It can also be a place to discuss things that come up in tours.