Here are the questions you've asked this year in the paper logs:
Do we have Sumi Painting Classes? No and there don't seem to be any in town.
How old are the koi in the pond?
- There is koi information in our question and answer section
- on NIWA.org there is a page devoted to the koi, identifying them with pictures, name, type and age. It is dated 2015, so you might want to add a couple of years to the ages.
Several questions about Bonsai:
- Please look at the bonsai material in our questions and answer area and at the bonsai page at NIWA.org.
- The bonsai are not brought inside, regardless of the weather.
- The thickness of the root is a desired look. Because the plants are so old their roots have grown thick with age.
What is the blooming pattern of camellias?
- According to the Monrovia Gardens website: "Depending on the variety they may bloom in late fall, winter and early spring."
- A page on camellias was added to the question and answer area
What is the cost of the wedding kimono? Priceless
What is the pruning process?
- The pruning technique used in the garden is called "lacing." There is a new article on lacing in the question and answer area.
When was the stream built?
- The koi pond was built in 1998
- The stream in the upper garden was built in 2013
- The stream in the lower garden was built 2014-2015